We purchased 5224 Atlantic View in December of 2011 and have made dramatic improvements to this home since then. This is an ongoing effort and to date we have spent over $23,000. We visit our home for at least one week every three months to personally review, maintain and upgrade. We feel this is extremely important. We've also switched management companies in order to bring you the best value and most professional services available in the area. Please contact us at any time with your opinions or suggestions.
LIST OF ACCOMPLISHMENTS AND UPGRADES SINCE PURCHASE:
1) Three brand new oceanfront decks including a rooftop "Crow's Nest" and screened-in porch deck at a cost of over $7,000. Gorgeous views of the ocean from all decks.
2) 5 new, wall-mounted Flat-Screen TVs - 42" in LR and 32" in all four BRs.
3) Installed secure Comcast High Speed WiFi (NetGear Router).
4) Repaired sliding glass doors and made many screen repairs.
5) Replaced many non-functioning outlets and switches - installed two new wall sconces. Repaired front porch lights and yard light.
6) Re-routed downstairs wiring so the lighting is a smooth transition when
going downstairs at night. Installed smoke detectors.
7) Re-wired the garage lights... installed new switch to a better location that
makes it easier and safer to reach the laundry area and garage at night.
8) Re-seated all 3 toilets with new seal and caulked edges.
9) Moved owner's locked closet to other location for plumbing service access to the water heater in case of emergency.
10) Repaired garage entrance door frame - lubricated overhead door tracks.
11) Complete makeover of "Beach Shack" outside room in lower SE corner of building which now stores beach toys, boogie boards, beach chairs for tenant use, etc.)
12) Refinished entrance hallway floor and painted walls bright color.
13) Painted front entrance door and entire entrance hallway.
14) Installed wall sconces, replaced outlets and switches and other electrical upgrades.
15) Completely cleaned out all kitchen cabinets and touched them up.
16) Repaired laundry garage door frames and entrance doors.
17) Pruned all palm trees, weeded and totally cleaned up property... removed
an entire truckload of debris. Contracted for ongoing insect and pest control applications.
18) Replaced the old carpeting with brand new area rug in living room.
19) Serviced the Heat/AC Units and pumped out Septic Tank.
20) Purchased the following: Toaster, CoffeeMaker, new set of glasses, new set of utensils, wall decorations, 6 new deck chairs, other items too numerous to mention.
21) Purchased new Clothes Washer and Dryer, June 2012.
22) Purchased new additional Pullout Sleeper-Sofa, June 2012. Now sleeps 12 people.
23) Purchased new Refrigerator, July 2012.
24) Purchased 4 new beach chairs for tenant use, Dec 2012.
25) Purchased complete new sets of bed sheets, linens and towels, Dec 2012.
26) Purchased new Queen Pullout Sofa for Living Room, June 2013
27) Purchased new Prince Regulation Ping Table for Game Room, June 2013
28) Replaced entire Heating-A/C Compressor and Air Handler Unit, September 2013
4 Bedrooms, 3 Full Bathrooms
Central A/C and Heat and Ceiling Fans
5 Flat-Screen HDTVs
Comcast High-Speed WiFi
Washer-Dryer, Dishwasher, Microwave
Beach Toys and Beach Chairs
Multi-level Decks Facing Ocean, Including a Rooftop Deck - many Deck Chairs
Hot and Cold Outside Shower
Prince Regulation Ping Pong Table in Game Room
Direct Access to Beach from Back Yard or an easy walk over the Township Ramp
WE ARE "HANDS ON"
Every three months, we plan a weekly stay in our home for the express purpose of using it as one of our tenants would use it. This reveals to us a variety of issues and problems that need to be resolved. We then make a punch-list and address them!
We also meet with our contracted maintenance people at this time (Powell Heating and Air Conditioning, Curtis Pest Control, Thurston Plumbing, Thibault Electric, landscaper, etc.) to make sure everything is well-maintained and functioning properly. Necessary repairs are made and upgrades are performed.
Finally, we meet with our Property Management Company to review any household issues (cleaning, kitchen items, household supplies, linens, etc). All of the above enhances your vacation experience and makes sure your vacation will be hassle-free and pleasurable.
Robert Amon: (908) 451-2123 (Cell)
Carolyn Amon: (908) 421-4894 (Cell)